Is it possible to import old dive logs onto a Suunto D6i from Movescount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wilkotaz

New
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi guys

I flooded an older Suunto D6 and have just purchased a new D6i Novo. I was hoping to put my old dive logs back onto the new computer so I always have a record of them on my wrist if I am traveling etc. The only place I seem to have my old dive profiles saved is on the Suunto online website Movescount.

I managed to export my dive data in the form of .FIT files from the site but the Suunto DM5 app that I downloaded on my Windows 7 PC doesn't recognise them when I try to import them. It appears to only allow .sml, .sde, .xml and .sdp files.

To be honest I am not sure if I had the logs saved in any of these formats that importing them to the DM5 app would allow me to move them from there to my actual computer.

Anyhow if anyone knows if this is possible and how to do it that would be great.

I figured maybe there is a way to do it through a file manager like windows explorer? I have the USB data cable but when I plug it in it only seems to pair with the Suunto DM5 software (i.e. I can't see the computer as a seperate drive in windows explorer). I thought if there was some software out there I may be able to convert the .FIT files into their original format and put them back onto the dive computer that way?

Anyhow thanks in advance!

Impossible. It's a one way transfer (out)

Ok, cheers for the heads up. Do you know if it is possible to view the .FIT files on DM5? I would prefer to have a working copy on a hard drive that doesn't need an internet connection to view them.

Ok, cheers for the heads up. Do you know if it is possible to view the .FIT files on DM5? I would prefer to have a working copy on a hard drive that doesn't need an internet connection to view them.
Hi- sorry this is an old thread…

I’ve tried exactly the same thing and cannot get the fit files to import anywhere (DM5, Subsurface, etc).

As the previous person mentioned it looks like it’s a one way thing :(

M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom