Is Halcyon price fixing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeS

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I’m checking out prices for the Halcyon 36 lbs.Pioneer MC System with stainless steel backplate. Everyplace I check the price is $550 plus or minuses $5. Is the a coincidence of cosmic proportions or is Halcyon price fixing, or is there some other less sinister explanation?

Mike

I wouldn't go as far as calling them High-end. But price fixing..YES

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...
I wouldn't go as far as calling them High-end. But price fixing..YES

and what would be high-end in your opinion? Tusa?

and what would be high-end in your opinion? Tusa?

Whatever his shop has in stock... :wink:

MikeS once bubbled...
...Everyplace I check the price is $550 plus or minus $5. Is the a coincidence of cosmic proportions or is Halcyon price fixing, or is there some other less sinister explanation?...

I think Halcyon has a policy of not allowing advertised prices below list. But Lloyd Bailey's sells them cheaper than that if you ask them. There's also another place in Tampa that supposedly sells cheaper, if you search with the keywords "Tampa" and "Halcyon" it will probably turn up.

Chris

They are better than the other manufacturers. Halcyon is the only prouct we carry that we can even come close to being competative. They don't seem to sell thing out the back door. They also don't use the strong arm methods of the other manufacturers. There is no "you must " language in their dealer agreement. Everyone thinks that it's online sales that the lds is against. We are against having to follow one set of rules for selling merchandise that went out the front door while someone else gets it from the back door and sells it for less than we pay for it. There are so many manufacturers whos stuff I will not sell or own that soon I won't be able to dive.

Lloyd's and Oddessy Dive in Canada have had the best deals on Halcyon equipment in the recent past.

Heard that there's significant pressure on LBS to raise its prices, but I have no way of know whether that will happen, or even if it's true.

I got my Halcyon Pioneer 36# Wing from Northern Tech Divers and their prices, when you take into account the exchange rate, was about 15 - 20% less than everyone else that I contacted (Methinks...but cannot recall for sure)....

Well whatever the price, it was the lowest (after the exchange which you can determine here at Currency Converter )

Gotta agree with Bob...I LOVE my FredT BP.

Just my .02 (converted from Canadian) worth

Wind

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom