Is frogfish dangerous?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sadly "touch nothing" doesnt seem to apply to mainly korean dive centres.

'Touch and destroy' seems to indeed apply to some nationalities more than others. Everyone has their 'worst offenders' and there always seems to be a few countries that hold the top few spots. That said, divers from all over the world routinely kick coral without apparently noticing it.

When my fins touch something (and they do sometimes) I'm aware of it- I don't panic but sort out my positioning/buoyancy appropriately. When this happens there is little or no 'damage' to the reef.

Others seem to think that it's just extra purchase or something to boost themselves from. Sometimes that 'thing' they're kicking the daylights out of has also been my head. Neutral buoyancy and body positioning means even if you touch something (like the reef) there is no needless further damage.

Learned a lot from the posts here.

IMO, the commercial training/certification bodies don't stress much importance on not disturbing the underwater world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom