Is Coronavirus keeping you from booking liveaboard/overseas trips this year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It absolutely has not stopped me. But I did buy travel insurance just in case I go to fly out and they cancel flights.

I think this particular "strand" has not provided enough information for everyone to "panic" like they are. It seems that there is not enough know about it yet to create such a panic. To me it seems people are taking this a bit to far. But it is said to err on the side of caution. If I were traveling in the direction of Asia I might think twice -- not because of the virus but because of peoples reactions.

On the upside -- maybe airfare will go down in price because so many are canceling flights

@urbaneve71, Seems to me that the concern is not so much the virus as it is getting stuck somewhere during the journey there or back.

A physician's update

Never mind, something went wrong

A4FBEF12-2663-4843-837B-9119BE9CF09D.png
A physician's update

Thanks for that.

This is a good one from the BBC Coronavirus: What are the chances of dying? How deadly is the coronavirus?

On the upside -- maybe airfare will go down in price because so many are canceling flights

I wonder if airlines will figure that anyone traveling despite the virus scare HAS to travel, and if they’ll jack up their fares accordingly. Same logic by which they raise their fares very close to the date of a flight, rather than lowering them.

Reactions: Jay

Back
Top Bottom