is Brazil diving that unremarkable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm in love with surface life in Brazil - the surfing, the people, just about everything. But I haven't heard of any great diving in the country, outside of Fernando de Noronha, which is out of my budget for the moment. Last March I was going to give it a try on Ilha Grande near Rio, but was turned off by reports of less than 3 meter visibility. Any recommendations, or should I head back to Central America for my trip in March?

Do a search on Brazil on this site. There have been previous threads about diving in Brazil with some good suggestions, Abrolhas being one of them and a number of spots outside Rio and other big cities.

"ChienAndalou?" Salvador Dali inspired? If so, very strange opening scenes in the movie!

Dr. Bill

I just returned from a week in Ilha Grande. Diving was okay but nothing like Cozumel. Dove a couple of days but liked the surface action better. Vis was about 30 ft. Guess i have been spoiled by Cozumel,Roatan, Utila. I liked Elite Dive Center. Fast boat, no nondivers. Other operator i dove with had some shaky safety practices.

Love going to Brazil. Maybe next time can make fernando noronho.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom