Is Bonaire the best dive site?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...so said Cervantes, Christopher Marlowe and John Donne, among others, and who am I to disagree? (A Shakespeare character said "comparisons are odorous" and that may be even more accurate!)

My point? Each destination I've dived has had something to offer, and while some may have been more rewarding than others (I've definitely got my favorites), it's tough to compare one against another.

Bonaire was a great experience for me. It was my second dive vacation, after Dominica. It was great to have the ease and comfort of calm, clear, warm water with so easily-accessible reefs. The reefs were in good shape and the fish life very impressive. I think the best part for me was renting a jeep, driving the little shore road and stopping at the dive sites, marked by their little painted stones. Once there, it was a simple process of backing the jeep up to the water's edge, unloading, gearing up, and swimming a few yards (or dozen yards) out to the reef. I also enjoyed taking the daily boat rides over to Klein Bonaire for great reef diving there.

Coz is great. St. Vincent, probably my favorite Caribbean destination for it's amazing profusion of critters and super healthy reefs, Dominica is a living Eden topside and the diving ain't bad either, Little Cayman's Bloody Bay wall is breathtaking. Bonaire will long live in my memory. But coming up with a one-size-fits all ranking, I could not do.

Best Regards,

robbcayman:
First off, are you a professional photographer? Those pics are amazing. What type of camera and housing do you use? That really inspires me to pick Bonaire, tons of wildlife and reef. Do you know what the shark population is like ie reefs, bulls, tigers, hammerheads etc? Can you shore dive from that hotel and how was the diving there? Thanks again those pics blew my mind. WOW!!!
Bonaire has all that you could ask for and more. Take your time and wait on the life. Diving is great from the hotel peir (All the hotels) or off the shore. Eazy access.
You won't make a mistake choosing this
Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom