Is anyone going to be in Cancun 2/16 through 2/23?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

murdrcycle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife and I are going - I dive, she doesn't. If your group is an odd number, or if you also have a wife that doesn't dive, maybe things can work out here.

I'll be there the 19th-26th. I'm a newbie though. Doing my OW checkouts with MAD on the 20th and 22nd (at least that's the plan), and my wife and her sister are doing a DD course with Ben soon after. I do plan on trying to get in at least six more dives during my time there. We will snorkel the cenotes (or I may dive them if my buoyancy is okay).

I have a full 7 dives under my belt, so I guess I am pretty salty compared to you lol. Maybe we will get a chance to hook up down there. Where are you staying?

Cancun Palace. I plan to dive a much as possible without being obnoxious. I'm not a "sit on a lounge chair by the pool" type of person, and normally, I'd be in Utah snowboarding right now. If you go thru Ben, maybe we'll end up on the same boat during the week. We can probably coordinate thru him.

It's always good when you have people going down at the same time. Start with some diving, end up with some Dos Equis. :D Ben drinks these ummm....pretty drinks. Get a couple and try them out. I'm jealous that I'm not coming along...love those cenotes!

They are seeing bull sharks and eagle rays. The underwater equivalent of fresh powder! Make sure both of you post trip reports. Hopefully, Ben will post some dive reports during the week.

Happy diving!

I'll be there the 19th-26th. I'm a newbie though. Doing my OW checkouts with MAD on the 20th and 22nd (at least that's the plan), and my wife and her sister are doing a DD course with Ben soon after. I do plan on trying to get in at least six more dives during my time there. We will snorkel the cenotes (or I may dive them if my buoyancy is okay).

I'll be staying at the Iberostar Quetzel just outside of Playa from 2/21 to 2/28. I'll be diving cenotes south of Playa. The reefs off the Yucatan just don't impress me much. Lots of tourist and hurricane damage. If you want reefs, cross over to Cozumel. Not sure who I'm diving with yet; either Dressels or Playa Scuba. If you don't mind an overhead environment, maybe we can get together on a couple of cenote dives.

im heading down to cancun this summer so let me know what good places you end up finding and let me know, never been down there and hoping to have a great time.

were going to be staying at the Moon Palace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom