Is an inline adjustment tool necessary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is the gauge required
No
or can that tool be used along with an IP gauge on the LP hose?
Yes

I generally will service a few reg sets. I do the 1st stages and set the IP. I then do the seconds and adjust them to the 1st stage. I do keep the IP gauge on the inflator hose so I can confirm the IP remains stable/locks-up.

the dual drive tool doesn't include the gauge. is the gauge required or can that tool be used along with an IP gauge on the LP hose?

the fittings supplied with it allow the dual drive tool to be used without the gauge.

upload_2016-3-17_15-25-10.png

any opinions on the ones listed on Amazon:

Promate
Scuba Choice

I cant see if they do both slotted (narrow) and hex (tapered sizes). Check the description of the Subatools tool in the post above. The gauges on them look cheap plastic may be indicative of the quality.

I have the Scubatools adjuster and it works very well. It may cost a little more but I try not to compromise on tools, buy once and have them do the job for years!

+1 for Scuba Tools.

Scuba diving service tools is what they do for business, not as a sideline along with frying pans and computers.

I have never been dissapointed in any of their tool.

I have the tool on my "get one later" list. I'm thinking that when I do buy one, to get a gauge with it as well. Nice to have a 2nd one to confirm what the first one tells me. They don't cost that much.

I recently bought one of ScubaTool's inline adjust tool and I love it. I have an older one that does not accommodate the 3/16" regs I mostly deal with (Hogs). One of my students alerted me to the fact last year, so I ordered it. Here's a video I took of their booth last DEMA

if I'm only doing scubapro balanced 2nd stages & I have this tool:

Scubapro Balanced Chamber Tool

do I need the inline adjustment tool, or is that just a different tool to do the same thing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom