Is a Zeagle BCD all that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband and I are newly certified divers. I know how big this purchase is...we just made it ourselves. We wore jacket style BCs in class, but on the boat we saw everyone else in back inflates and BP/W. We read a bunch of posts and went with the back inflates (Zeagle Stiletto and Zena). We figured all these people liked it for a reason and we figured Zeagle had a great reputation for a reason. That is the beauty of this board.

It was no problem adjusting. We have both fully inflated our BCs and have never been tipped face first into the water....I can't even imagine this happening. I think I'm going to try to make that happen this weekend just to see. I LOVE how streamlined my BC is and wouldn't go back to jacket style. Just my opinion.

I did learn that if it isn't fitting correctly on land (ie. too big/loose someplace or hurts) it isn't fitting correctly. Mine initially felt big around the shoulders and I was told it would be better in the water....it wasn't. Had to exchange it.

Good Luck!

Fishdelasol,

Good information, glad I'm not the only one out there attempting to make the best choice.

Fishdelasol,

Good information, glad I'm not the only one out there attempting to make the best choice.

LOL! I tend to over think things in my quest to make the best choice for a lot of things. My husband is always rolling his eyes at me as I agonize over the details and possibilities.

Regarding my BC, I really like it. It sounds like a lot people buy their first BC and then move on to something else. Maybe it is just because they want something different. I will probably do the same...someday....a long time from now....after I finish paying for this one. :D

I'm sure that whatever decision you make you will love it because it is your own and not some rental gear your stuck with. And if there is something you don't like about your choice I would just try to tweak it a bit to meet your needs.

My husband recently switched out (sold) his Aqualung Regs and SeaQuest BC for Zeagle regs and Ranger LTD. He was looking at another brands of regs, but the quality of my "low end" Zeagle Envoy and my Zena, plus the customer service and responsiveness we've always gotten from Scott (and ScubaToys), was enough to convince him to go Zeagle (over Atomics). I don't even want to try to explain how ticked off he'd get when his Aqualung regs (which cost twice as much as my Zeagles) used to have problems on every trip, while mine always performed flawlessly. :wink:

He's since put almost 50 dives on his Zeagle Flathead and is thrilled with it. He's going to use his new Ranger for the first time later this month and he says if it's 1/2 as good as the regs, he's going to be in heaven. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom