iPhone covers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tantell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has used these type things. I have a disused iPhone and was hoping this might take some ok photos that I can use for ID and my logbook (I'm a newbie and find it difficult to remember all things I have seen underwater).

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/162335361511

Thanks

Meikon has/had some good looking hard shell cases on their website - I was temped to try one of those.

I dove with a guy who had something similar to this. Once we were at depth, he wasn't able to use touch to control the phone anymore.

I used something similar on my Nokia but only while free-diving to about 30 feet. The hardest part was being able to see the controls (Rec, Stop, etc) and sometimes the touch-screen didn't respond. It did not, however, leak and the video quality was not bad.

I had a watershot case for my old Iphone 5. Good functionality and never flooded while diving. The pictures were only OK as it didn't do well with the lighting below 10 ft in the water. It used an app that worked fairly well. One of the nice things was that since it was an old model phone the casing was fairly cheap, I think I only paid $50 for it a year ago.
Sadly one day it decided to abandon me by jumping off my wrist while trying to reboard the Cat Ppalu never to be seen again.

I had a watershot case for my old Iphone 5. Good functionality and never flooded while diving. The pictures were only OK as it didn't do well with the lighting below 10 ft in the water. It used an app that worked fairly well. One of the nice things was that since it was an old model phone the casing was fairly cheap, I think I only paid $50 for it a year ago.
Sadly one day it decided to abandon me by jumping off my wrist while trying to reboard the Cat Ppalu never to be seen again.

$50 for the phone case? Was it the zip-lock plastic bag kind? I think I only paid about $3.50 for mine.

$50 for the phone case? Was it the zip-lock plastic bag kind? I think I only paid about $3.50 for mine.

Watershot Incorporated | Underwater iPhone Camera, Underwater Waterproof Camera Housing

Significantly nicer than a plastic bag. I'd taken it to 140ft without flooding. I had the pro version on my Iphone 5, the splash versions run around $15 and are rated for 30ft. I have another one from an even older Iphone that the phone is long dead. When I travel I sometimes put my chipped rental car keys in when diving.

I just ordered one of the pro cases on clear out. Not sure why one color was so much cheaper lol( honestly don't care ) excited to get it and try it out. 39.99 off their website in snorkel blue they call the color.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom