iOS app for Petrel 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It does work!
We have been working with the developer of Dive Log for quite some time (they have integrated into Dive Log support for our DCbuddy BLE device) and they are quite good!

Yesterday I finally had a chance to dive with my new Petrel 2 and not only did the computer work flawlessly (it's so great to be able to clearly see all the info needed on one screen and all the other dive details with simple single button presses), the direct download into Dive Log worked equally as flawlessly. It's really great to see my dive profile along with all the other pertinent information in my digital logging software. Thank you DiveNav for that and thank you Shearwater for an amazing dive computer.

Y...... the direct download into Dive Log worked equally as flawlessly....... . Thank you DiveNav for that ......
Actually we didn't do too much; we mainly tested the BLE protocol (and told Bruce few times to swap the old Bluetooth for the new BLE).
Most of the merit for the Dive Log app should go to its developer: More Mobile Software

I heard somewhere that this app allows someone to download to an iPad, and then merge it onto a laptop computer? Does it merge into the Shearwater software from the iPad or do you need a different log on the laptop? Thnaks

Actually we didn't do too much; we mainly tested the BLE protocol (and told Bruce few times to swap the old Bluetooth for the new BLE).
Most of the merit for the Dive Log app should go to its developer: More Mobile Software

I had already thanked them directly, but I agree that they have a great app for dive logging.

---------- Post added April 8th, 2015 at 10:41 AM ----------

I heard somewhere that this app allows someone to download to an iPad, and then merge it onto a laptop computer? Does it merge into the Shearwater software from the iPad or do you need a different log on the laptop? Thnaks

I downloaded the Petrel log to the Dive Log app on my IPhone, and then synched it to the same program on my IPad (to have a backup and bigger screen to view the profile), but I uploaded the log from the Petrel directly into the Shearwater software via my PC. The Dive Log app (and it's desktop companion) and the Shearwater desktop program and not linked directly.

I have a Petrel 2 coming soon. I'd like to use an iPad to talk to it. I see that a compatible Bluetooth profile is now supported but I can't find a app which understands the Petrel.

How is this supposed to be used?

There's an app called Dive Log that works great too.

Can the Petrel, using its Bluetooth feature, download dive data directly to Dive Log on an iPhone without any other interface (wires, dongles, etc)?

It seems that Dive Log only has wifi sync and iCloud sync.

You only need a Petrel 2 and an iPhone.

In Dive Log it is not called "Sync" its called "Downloads" (at least in the german version).
If you have not BT activated you will be asked to do so, and then you can choose the Petrel in the list.

Can the Petrel, using its Bluetooth feature, download dive data directly to Dive Log on an iPhone without any other interface (wires, dongles, etc)?

It seems that Dive Log only has wifi sync and iCloud sync.

I use Petrel 2 with Dive Log app. There is an in-app purchase of $2.99 you have to make to download from the Petrel, and it uses bluetooth connection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom