Investment amount to become GUE instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

or they travel an awful lot.

If she took this strategy (due to lack of sufficient local interest/business) she would then have to be a "name brand" instructor who students considered having valuable and unique enough expertise. And were willing to pay extra to fly in. I don't see it happening without a huge investment in diving.

There's no such thing as crossing over for a reason.

Greetings,

You would be best off to contact a GUE Instructor Trainer and they will explain the process and the the various options. There are a few of us in North America and you can find us all on the GUE website.

Best,

Guy Shockey
GUE Instructor Trainer

I know some GUE instructors (living in Belgium, close to the netherlands where there is a lot of enthousiasm for GUE diving). If I look at the Benelux there are only 3-4 instructors, instructing full time, and many more doing it parttime.

In Belgium there are 4 GUE instructors, all Fundies level (with 2 out of those 4 instructors being T2/C2/DPV2/RB80 divers, so real affiniados). They all do it as a parttime job even combining the parttime job with a shop (parttime) selling tech equipment.

In the Netherlands you of course have JP Bresser who is doing a wonderfull job... but I believe it's hard work, because you need to create a need or discover a need just like in any other business. It's not just taking courses and getting the C-card, it's keeping at that level doing exploration-level dives, creating a name, creating courses, using social media, using pics... It's very much virgin territory out there when it comes to GUE. Many people are not able to do that.

Of the 4 Belgian GUE instructors there is only one trying to do the same... he's French speaking and understood that there is a big undiscovered territory in France (CMAS country but also home to some of the most beautiful underwater caves). The others are active in the GUE-BE community and Project Baseline, but are not enough to do it full-time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom