Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Roxanne, I don't want to dwell on it either, but I do want to treat the crew right because they do such a great job for us.

It sounds like three tips might be appropriate, one for the DM, one for the Captain, one for the mate? Last year I kind of assumed they put the tips into a jar and split it equally. Maybe this isn't correct?

I like to tip just about everybody back at the hotel. I'm going to bring a big wad of $1 bills and plan on bringing none home with me.

Last edited:
I look at today as, last day of work.:D

Muahahaaa!! Today IS my last day of work... I decided to take tomorrow off!!!! lol.

Can't concentrate worth a crap today anyway... and originally took the AM off so that I could sleep in for my red eye flight Friday night, so I switched it to taking the whole day off. Now I am going to stay up super late tonight and sleep in tomorrow, chillin'.... and then do some last minute packing tomorrow... and then off to my flight!!!

I am sooooooooooo stoked people, I can't even tell you how excited I am!!!!

Don't laugh too hard, Jody... his plane lands in Cozumel tomorrow before lunch :D

Don't laugh too hard, Jody... his plane lands in Cozumel tomorrow before lunch :D

Oooohhhh I know... but I am A-OK with that, 'cause I'm staying in COZ for two FULL weeks!!! :D :D :D

Happy things are working out for you Greg. nice job on the 45# weight loss. See you Sat.:cool2:

To help everyone stay informed... :)
Last time from me.

Links to additional Invasion Threads

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/in...sion-2012-travel-diving-tips.html#post6349146
Don't forget to download and fill out the waiver from Dive Paradise
among other tips.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/in...group-rosters-boat-rotations.html#post6380513
* Boat Group Roster and Group Rotations *

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/in...79-2012-invader-flight-crews.html#post6349176
Add your info if you like and get together with other Invaders on your flight.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/invade-cozumel-2012/421237-2nd-annual-invasion-2012-chick-dive.html
Any Gals up for a 1 tank chick dive?

And info on
Excursion Who's Going List
If you would like to join, there's still room. Contact Bay Adventures.

Whaleshark Excursion - 13 (Don't forget your snorkels and shorties)
Cardzard, Roxanne, ScubaDad & Tamsey, Insta-gator & Cindy, Pan Siren, TomZ & RebeccaZ, MNJoe, me2me2, hawkens, Brad

Cenotes Excursion - 11 (Don't forget your wetsuits or you can rent them)
KSS1DVR, James R & Janet, cbrich, JODYLYNN007, Mango_Mango, gr8fuldiver, sea horse diver, stwill, NW_DiverDude, bkbomb123

We will be having this photo contest at the Invasion.
THE UNDERWATER CRITTER SCAVENGER HUNT
(30 critters this year)
This contest will be happening again this year!
Remember you need a thumb drive, spare card or blank cd
to submit the critters pictures you found for validation.

Hotel Info

Meal Times
Breakfast 6:30 - 10:30 AM
Lunch 12:00 - 4:00 PM
Dinner 6:30 - 10:30 PM
Snack Bar 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Bar
Pool Bar 11:00 PM
Lobby Bar 2:00 AM

:party: Welcome Cocktail Party :party:
Saturday, June 30th 8:00 PM
In the Convention Room

:hb2: Birthday Dinner Party :hb2:
Thursday, July 5th 6:30 PM
In the Convention Room

:cool2::cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2::cool2:
I also want to remind everyone on
the importance of getting Hydrated before
and
staying Hydrated during the Invasion.
(beer doesn't count)
It will be very hot down in Mexico especially for the northern folks.

:cool2::cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2::cool2:

See everyone in Coz!

Day 2 of cavern class done. I've gotten pretty decent at the frog kick and even succed at the back kick once. Fairly successfully at keeping trim and proper cave/cavern diver position when not task loaded. Still making mistake. Some I catch right away and try to correct. Sometimes correctly sometimes I fail. So we will see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully a successfully end of the class with a cavern certification.

I do know one thing though. I'm not going beyond cavern diver anytime soon. I will not say never, and if I do it will be in baby steps for sure. :)

Three dives today in the Isla Mujeres area, one wreck, one reef, one drift. Water temp avg 75f, vis 30'-40'. Both should be getting better as long as the rain doesn't start up again. Whale sharks tomorrow, lots of reported sightings today.

I have the MX number....making an 'emergency' list for my mom. Where we are every day, flight numbers, hotel stuff; so she won't worry!

If you can set up Skype or Google Voice for them, it's pretty cheap to call the MX number from those services. 15cents for GV per min. It is about 13cents +connection fee ~12cents for Skype(they bill in Euro), though skype takes your credit and puts it into their pocket if you don't use it for a couple of months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom