Invade the Rock March 7 - 10, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bowlofpetunias

Oh no, not again!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Back by popular demand Invade the Rock March 7 - 10 2011. See the info below from the Poll thread.

Anyone interested please post here and so we all know who is going to be there. I will go through the other thread and see if I can work out who has committed and who is hopeful. Please contact Jon info below to book but it would be nice to interact and work out details among those planning to attend in this thread.

We are looking forward to meeting up with old friends and meeting new ones at the this world class dive site!

BoP and Thanksforallthefish

The poll indicates SWR early March so we need to firm up dates. Second week has been the go with the first and second Aussie Invasion so we will do it again same time same place. That means the dates will be March 7th through 10th.

For those who are interested OzTeck will be in Sydney the weekend on March 12 and 13th. Some people may find it convenient to do the Invade the Rock and follow it up with the OzTeck.

We normally do the midweek package with Jon. He has catered to us in the past and provided a great venue. Some people may want to extend their stay to include the weekend before and after. Anyone who can't stay the week days may be able to link up with us for the first or last day(s).

We will let Jon know to expect us again. People can contact Jon and let him know you are part of the SB Invade the Rock group.

Here is a great link to Sas's fantastic Report on the IVTR and Facilities

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/australia/287030-fish-rock-trip-report-mar-09-a.html

There is a link to Jon's site on Face book as well
Login | Facebook

By contacting Jon everyone can work out their own arrival and departure dates. You can also give him the relevant info on your certification, experience and any special needs. We are looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones.

From Jon's website (quoted below) the base price is really pretty good already! Dive Prices - Fish Rock Dive Center at South West Rocks

midweek special
Our great value midweek special includes the following:
8 boat dives - usually a double boat dive Monday to Thursday inclusive
(variation depending on public holidays)
2nd tank supplied free for each double dive
airfills
5 nights accommodation on site at the dive centre; usually Sunday to Thursday inclusive
(variation depends on public holidays) (includes use of BBQ and pool)
light refreshments are provided during the surface interval
dive guide services
if required hire gear is half price (excludes cameras)
COST PER PERSON: $595
Book a midweek special
Please note we normally require a minimum of 2 divers to run the Midweek Special. If you are buddyless please contact us. The Midweek Special is usually available year round except over the Christmas and New Year weeks. Please check with us for availability. Options for combining the Midweek Special with Enriched Air Diver, First Aid and Oxygen Provider courses are available.
group specials
If you are a member of a dive club or group of diving friends please contact us for group specials.

Yup, a few of us are heading to Oztek too. Since we're doing a 24-hour no-fly delay, that gives us a nice day to drive down. You might even be able to go for a splash Friday morning, if you're not sick of it, before you head down
icosm14.gif

Edit: clarity

I don't think I am going to get leave, checking the roster today it looks like all the leave lines are full during that period. :depressed:

I will keep trying though, you never know your rotten luck.

:crying:

Aw and A1 are going as are fish and I...Kath was talking about coming again... UnderwaterOgre as well I believe

Just reserved a spot for Greg and myself for that week.

will be great to see you both again

are you going to do any courses this year?

It's looking a bit difficult for me - I'm working till late on the Sunday then starting nights on Wednesday which is the best work could do for me - I'll try to come to dive the Tue/ Wed if possible. I'm hoping I can swap the Sunday shift in which case I'll definitely be there for the start of the week. Would be good to dive with you all again. I'll see what I can do.

Merry Christmas for yesterday! Cath

Merry Christmas Cath. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. It would be great to get to catch up with you and dive with you again:flowers:

are you going to do any courses this year?

Not sure there's much left in PADI-land that interests us right now, unless we're in a mood for card-collecting. We're both going to be doing BSAC dive-leader early next year, and have recently got into cave-diving, so that's where our focus is right now.

Packateer Booked

Back
Top Bottom