Intuos2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wacom is kind of the industry standard when it comes to pressure sensitive tablets - my neighbor used one (older model which I installed for them) and they were quite pleased with it for artwork (they are artists) however it made a poor "mouse" replacement for some reason (I can't remember what it was at the moment - I'll try to ask them in the morning) Anyway for what it's worth it seemed to be solid quality.

I'll post again when I have the "rest of the story"

justleesa:
Does anybody have this? What do you think about it?

http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/intuos.cfm

It looks like a cool tool

I have it. It's really helpful especially when doing graphics and illustrations in a program like Illustrator, Freehand, Painter, Photoshop and etc.

It takes a little bit of getting used to (the whole tablet is mapped to the entire position on your monitor). Their software is great cos it lets you customize many things such as sensitivity, pressure, speed, stroke angle, etc.

I don't use it at all when working with office apps or other apps that requires lots of typing.

I don't use it browsing the internet either. I find a mouse more efficient. When using a pen, I have to move my entire hand and arm from corner to corner of the pad.

Hope that helps.

I have a Wacom Intuos tablet that I use for drawing and re-touching photos. It is much more accurate when you are 'capturing' areas and painting in details. One thing to think about. The tablet size represents the whole screen area of your monitor. In other words, if you have a small tablet, the distance you move the pen to cover a distance on screen is quite small. That makes delicacy of touch a factor. If you are a serious artist - or want to enjoy the easiest re-touching and so on, buy the largest tablet you can afford. Oh, one great feature of the Intuos is that it comes with on tablet menus that are programmable, you can set up functions to select with the pen. The pen is also pressure sensitive - the harder you press, the darker, for instance the line on screen or the more dense the spray effect.

I have one of their earlier cordless models. They're indispensible if you 'paint' a lot like cloning, painting strokes, painting masks etc. For things like colour correction where I'm working with sliders or curves I still prefer a good ball-less mouse.

ReyeR...What do you mean by 'ball-less mouse'? Don't they all have a ball? I used to have one that you didn't move around. It had a huge ball that moved, about the size of a que ball. Dang...I can't remember the name of it. I really liked it.

Ball-less means 'without a ball.' Like an optical mouse, except that it's some form of RF for the Intuos tablets.

Nifty trick that I use is to actually print a copy of the document that I want to retouch, and slip it under the plastic cover of the tablet (you can do that), then, zoom your document so it's the same size on screen. You can then use the stylus just like a pen. Much more accurate than a mouse.

For word processing, web-browsing, etc., you want to switch tools to the mouse tool, and change the setting so that the tablet does not map to your screen. Then, the mouse behaves just like a typical cordless optical mouse.

I have one and use it when I'm home and not traveling. Love It.
Must have for doing graphics and 3D animations, etc.

Dee:
ReyeR...What do you mean by 'ball-less mouse'? Don't they all have a ball?

The ball-less mice are optical mice - it uses an infra red beam instead of a ball. Much more accurate, no need to clean the ball and rollers and works on most surfaces (no need for mouse pad). Here's a very basic one: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=3,CONTENTID=4988 .
Optical mice also come with a cord or cordless (uses RF or Bluetooth). See this page: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/productlist&ad=hmf&crid=19&countryid=19&languageid=1
I used to have one that you didn't move around. It had a huge ball that moved, about the size of a que ball. Dang...I can't remember the name of it. I really liked it.
That's a trackball device you're talking about. You get those with an optical flavour now too:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?c...d=1&page=products/productlist&crid=833&ad=opt

Ahh...DUH! I wasn't thinking about those.

Yeah..Trakball...that's it! I got very good with it, almost like useing a pen. Need to look into another one.

thanks for the links.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom