Introductions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nitroxbabe

Reaction score
Hi all -
Seems introduction are in order... my husband & I are relatively new to diving (1 year+). We've logged over 70 dives already and can't wait to get back in the water. We have both completed our PADI Rescue course and plan to work on divemaster next!

We've dove Belize, Lantana Florida, the Florida Keys, local lakes & quarries, not-so-local lakes & quarries, Lake Superior, etc.

Next stop - Roatan or Bonaire! (decisions decisions)

Anybody recommend (or NOT recommend!) any resorts in either place?

PS - love this board! I can feed my dive addiction even when I can't dive!

welcome, mr & mrs nitrox :D

haven't been to those two places but search the dive tirp reports. might be some nugget of good info there.

Great to have you here! Welcome!
Have fun and dive safe!!!:jester:

Welcome to the board. I'm pretty new too and dove in Cozumel, Lake Michigan and local lakes. I've signed on for my LSD's trip to Roatan (Anthony's Key Resort). It fit my schedule better than their Bonaire trip but I'm excited and would welcome input as well.

"Tanks" for the nice welcome everybody!

Paco - where in Lake Michigan did you dive & what operator? My friends had 4 charters booked this summer & all got cancelled by the operator for one stupid reason or another. I am looking for a reliable captain!

Also - what did you think of Anthony's Key? That's one of my potential next destinations!

nitroxbabe once bubbled...
Next stop - Roatan or Bonaire! (decisions decisions)

Anybody recommend (or NOT recommend!) any resorts in either place?
My Bride & I have made six trips to Bonaire, staying at either
Buddy Dive or Lion's Dive. Both are superb - we're headed back in March to Lion's Dive (In fact I'm the dive leader on that trip - if you're interested send me a PM and I'll get back to you with the particulars)
Rick

My LDS set up a Lake Michigan dive with a boat called the Len-Der out of Milwaukee. I have their phone if you'd like it. Email or message me. They took us over the Prins Willem V, a 258 ft. Dutch freightor that went down in the 1950's. A couple of really fun dives.

Also dove with a smaller charter that works out of West Bend, WI, called Divers Delight. Went with them near Port Washington and dove the Niagra, a wooden paddle wheeler that burnt and went down in the 1800's

Both charters were reasonably priced. I'm not sure if it is OK for me to give phone numbers on this board, but if anyone can give me the OK I will, otherwise contact me if interested. I have both charters' phones.

I do think that Divers' Delight may be done for the winter, but I think Len Der may go all winter ????

I haven't been to Anthony's key yet (sorry for the misunderstanding). I am going there next March (can't wait)

Hope this is what you wanted

Dive on

Back
Top Bottom