Introduction - New to Scuba Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ana Merka

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi,

My name is Ana Merka and I work from home to cope up with my responsibility as a mother and to earn for a living. I co-ordinate the Latin American section for Travel Tourist Information Guide (Travel Tourist Information Guide) website. Apart from that, I conduct online training workshops on Effective Communication Skills, Online Business Affiliates and help people with work from home opportunities.

I am new to scuba diving and would like advice on where to start.

Thanks,

Ana

Hi Ana, welcome to SB - there's a vast amount of collective experience on this forum so I'm sure you'll get good advice on diving. What type of advice are you currently looking for?
When you say you're new to diving, have you done any type of diving experience, a Discovery dive or similar, for example? If you haven't, it might be worth trying a pool dive just to see if you enjoy the experience of breathing underwater before forking out on a course... although being in open water surrounded by the natural environment is another kettle of fish (pun intended) :) (I've never done a pool dive personally).

Just a quick Google search showed a couple of dive centres in Pune, Absolute & Finkick. It may be worth contacting one of them.

Cheers.

Nice shameless plug for your website by the way! :wink:

Last edited:
You live in India and run the Latin America section? That seems odd?

Head to Goa for some diving or towards Indonesia since its a hop, skip and a jump away from you. Take an introductory class to see if its something you want to pursue.

What dive shops are in your area? Do you have a choice?

Welcome!

It looks like there are 5 scuba stores in Pune. I suggest reading here a bit, especially the new divers section. Plus, pop by one or more of those stores to see what they have for classes and if their teaching style aligns with yours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom