Introducing the VT3 - Now Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go to www.scubatoys.com. They had them in stock the last time I was in their shop.

Jinjer:
Go to www.scubatoys.com. They had them in stock the last time I was in their shop.

Thanks, Divers Supply is this individuals LDS and there is one that is on the way. They will be diving it next weekend!

Chris thanks for the quick reply and help.

I just left a Divers Supply retail outlet here and the told me it was "not released yet" - probably a mis-interpretation of "we have no stock" but still. My heart fell as I thought I'd mis-understood this thread. Hoping to get one in time for a trip this weekend.

Will be calling Scuba Toys as soon as they open.

I know that at this time most of the Divers Supply locations have the unit on the way or there....

Either way enjoy your Vt3 and let us know how you like it!

best,

Chris

Dulinor, I know the Doraville store has 2 in stock if you live in Atlanta.

Thank you scuba toys.

This thing looks great, a little daunting for one's first computer, but I think I've got the hang of it. Taking it to Roatan on Saturday!

In case others may be interested, I was able to get the OceanLog software and upload/download working on a virtual machine inside my Intel Mac. Not as good as a native version of course, but great that it can work.

I have lots of suggestions for the software though (it's what I do in real life) - most notably, I'd love for it to look at a collection of images and, assuming clocks reasonably accurate on both the PDC and the camera, link the two together. Quick and easy album matching pictures to specific dives (possibly even with gear notes, depth, time of dive, etc.) (put a GPS in the computer at some point so it can say "oh, you're at Mary's Place in Roatan" and it's as lazy as you could possibly imagine)

My LDS just ordered 3 of them. The owner and I are going to put these through their paces! Hope Oceanic has a good product here....I'd love to be able to suggest it to EVERY instructor as a redundancy for checking student air levels.

Back
Top Bottom