Intro: New Forum Member PSD in Connecticut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In general, we have an extremely good relationship with our PD as well. There are a few individuals on both sides of the fence who just can't seem to want harmony at times. But you will have that as we are all individuals.

It is funny as everyone has their limitations. Several of our PD say they would rather be in gun fire than run into a burning building. I had a couple of officers who saw the photo of us in the paper doing our recent ice rescue training say that we are completely out of our minds.

The only issue we have from time to time is the PD sometimes forgets that we are volunteer. So in the middle of the night, when they arrive on scene within a minute or two at 2:00 am, I am just leaving my house to head to the station. Several times they have felt it has taken us too long to arrive when the feces is hitting the fan.

Since I had originally studied Law Enforcement intending to become a police officer and have many familiy and friends who are, I understand their issues as well. The politics of PD work kept me out of it.

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom