intova wide angle battery question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hanschia

Registered
Reaction score
hi all

was looking for a dive light and after much research intova wide angle, 4.7volt. is the one that i had decided on.

its powerful, light and well build.

however there is 1 problem, the battery, cr123a

im living in asia, and that battery cost around 4 usd per piece.

and im going to travel around asia for a while, thus cr123a is not that commonly found around asia.

im wondering whether its ok to use rechargeable battery for it, its better for the enviroment and cheaper.

dont want to keep replacing battery, not good for earth

power for normal battery its 1400mAH

power for rechargeable its at 1000mAH

how will it affect the performance of the torch.

anyone have any experiences on them? thanks

cheers
hans

You should ask to have this moved to the "lights" forum where you will get more response.

You should ask to have this moved to the "lights" forum where you will get more response.

sure, can the mod help me move it to "light" forum, thanks

It should be fine with 3 volt rechargeable,3.7 volt will probably burn them up. I am not sure if they have a driver that regulates voltage,I tried to crack mine open with out any luck. I love these lights.

It should be fine with 3 volt rechargeable,3.7 volt will probably burn them up. I am not sure if they have a driver that regulates voltage,I tried to crack mine open with out any luck. I love these lights.

hi thanks for the reply,

yep heard that 3.7v rechargeable will short the pc board. guess will try out the 3 v rechargeable. and see how long they will last. if they last me 2hours per charge, i will be a happy man

The rechargables will last about half as long as the primarys,so you may want to buy extra batteries for backups.

If the batteries are going to be a problem for you, I would look into another light. The UK Super Q is just as bright and gets a 4 hour burn time with a single, rechargeable battery that it comes with. The UK Q40+ is also a great LED that's bright and runs on regular AA batteries. However, these aren't wide-angle beams if that was part of your purchase decision.

Sartek also makes some hand held lights that are way brighter and run off rechargeable LiIon batteries or AA's. Not sure on their availability/support over there...

The rechargables will last about half as long as the primarys,so you may want to buy extra batteries for backups.

yep i read that it will only last abt 50min, and will go off in a sudden.. hmmmm i guess its quite risky using rechargeable.

If the batteries are going to be a problem for you, I would look into another light. The UK Super Q is just as bright and gets a 4 hour burn time with a single, rechargeable battery that it comes with. The UK Q40+ is also a great LED that's bright and runs on regular AA batteries. However, these aren't wide-angle beams if that was part of your purchase decision.

Sartek also makes some hand held lights that are way brighter and run off rechargeable LiIon batteries or AA's. Not sure on their availability/support over there...

hi thanks for the reply, uk super q seem to be a good light for me. yep i prefer something thats abit wider. whill check out uk super q

for sartek is slightly off my budget, jus got burnt buying strobe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom