intova ic800 settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rab1412000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi guys

i got myself an intova ic800 8megapix point and shoot. i thought it was really great value for the price.
the only drawback i see with this p&s is that i cant seem to manually control shutter speed , but thats usually the case with point and shoots.
i usually use the sports setting for u/w [hotograprh but in the intova ic800 you cant use the flash with this setting! ive tried mimicking the sports setting with flash to no avail...
im wondering if you guys could give me some good setting for u/w pics with this camera

cheers

Yes, sell it on ebay and get a Canon A590IS and Ikelite housing. That is the best setting you will have. N

Yes, sell it on ebay and get a Canon A590IS and Ikelite housing. That is the best setting you will have. N

hmmm not the response i was looking for but that is a good camera...
housing is too expensive for me though

I can not comment specifically on the IC800. I just got the IC600 and took some pictures last weekend for the first time. The settings I used were the Sports setting with ISO 400, flash off. This was my first dive with a camera. I got one excellent picture and a hand full of keepers. I'm confident with more dives, I will be able to get more keepers. I know I will never get the type of pictures that are published, these are strictly for my log book and memories for my dive buddy (wife) and I.

I hope this may be of some use to you.

Last edited:
I can not comment specifically on the IC800. I just got the IC600 and took some pictures last weekend for the first time. The settings I used were the Sports setting with ISO 400, flash off. This was my first dive with a camera. I got one excellent picture and a hand full of keepers. I'm confident with more dives, I will be able to get more keepers. I know I will never get the type of pictures that are published, these are strictly for my log book and memories for my dive buddy (wife) and I.

I hope this may be of some use to you.

hi planedoc,

isnt the sports setting a little too grainy and dark with an iso 400 and no flash? i dont use the sports setting myself since it because it doesnt allow me to use the flash.
instead i use the the 'shaky hand' setting or whatever its called. same high shutter speed (1/125) as the sports mode and allows me to use my flash. my iso is set to auto but it usually shoots at iso200 which i think is ideal for the camera.
ive taken some good pictures with though and i was thinking of finding ways to improve the quality.
pm me if you wanna see some samples. i wanna see some of yours too

cheers

the setting I used were recommended by the divemaster. i did try a couple of shots with the internal flash, but there was quite a bit of backscatter, as expected.
my camera does not have as many setting as your IC800. i plan on doing some local dives to try different settings.

I just did a test with my IC600....the iso setting resets to auto when it does its "auto shutdown". So with that said, apparently most of my pictures were auto iso.

PM sent

hi guys

i got myself an intova ic800 8megapix point and shoot. i thought it was really great value for the price.
the only drawback i see with this p&s is that i cant seem to manually control shutter speed , but thats usually the case with point and shoots.
i usually use the sports setting for u/w [hotograprh but in the intova ic800 you cant use the flash with this setting! ive tried mimicking the sports setting with flash to no avail...
im wondering if you guys could give me some good setting for u/w pics with this camera

cheers
I have the same camera and purchased an external flash with fiber optic cable fro it. It made a huge difference in the quality of the pictures. If you have the $$ to purchase one, do it. You'll still come out cheaper than buying an overpriced Canon. If you have the pixels, zoom, and functions you need you can take great picts, regardless of the name on the housing. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom