Into the Blue Movie Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I enjoyed it more than I did The Deep. Into The Blue was everything I expected and wanted it to be: diving, fast paced, sexy, and beautifully shot. We havent had a good diving movie in forever, so its about time. Like a few of you have said I know it will bring in some new divers into the sport. I overheard this young couple saying they "wanted to do scuba diving" on the way out of the movies.
I just hope they get proper training and not Paul Walker training.

drbill:
Heck, I'll be paying so much attention to Jessica Alba I won't even notice the SCUBA diving-related errors in the film!
Boy Dr. Bill you got that right! Jessica Alba is OK!

The deep is a great movie. I get accused of watching nothing but " Scuba TV " and the deep is one of my favorites. I also was able to get almost all of the Sea Hunt series with Lloyd Brides on E-Bay. Man, you have to love the old diving techniques on the show. Bolting to the surface, lots of arm use for propulsion, the water entries are great. Lets not forget old Mike Nelson also was good with the ladies.

Underwater photography that makes you want to run out, grab your gear and head for the caribbean. Young Men and Women in swim suits that make you want [insert here your fantasy based on your gender preference and level of deprivation].

If you ever needed a reason to buy an underwater video, this will push you over the edge. For you northern divers, this will make you pawn your dry suit for a trip south.

If you're there for the plot, you shouldn't have paid. Very predictable, but not the point of enjoyment. The dialogue is not as good as the plot, but again, if you thought this was going for an academy award, you don't have the sense to be a diver.

Nine dead bodies. One half breast. One cup of blood. Four imaginative, but feasible, alternate air sources, (one of which I volunteer to practice with Jessica until I get a score of '5') Lots of sharks, lots of rays, two flounder. Twenty different scuba rigs. Two shark attacks with only brief glimpses of gore. Most excellent wrong side of the road car / truck chase scene. High-speed boat chasing skin diver scene.

Plane-foo, AL-80-foo, Axe-foo, knock-off-the-tank-valve-foo, Dodge RAM Pickup-Foo, bang-stick-foo, machete-foo, WTD-foo (Water Tight Door), boat-foo, spear gun-foo, shark-foo.

Joe Bob says check it out
5 drive-in movie stars

Markdone:
High-speed boat chasing skin diver scene.

**Spoiler**

Hahah, yeah, I completely forgot about that till you brought it up! That was great. Imagine how the two goons felt reporting back to their boss telling him they lost one man, swimming in the middle of the ocean, with no gear on. And they lost him, while driving a speed boat!!

I thought this movie was great too! Good fun. And the cinematography was art in itself. Some of the underwater shots were so clear it would seem like looking out a window and seeing people just floating around. The cave-diving/free-diving scene was especially eye-catching.

Oh, and free-diving a penetration dive into a downed airplane in about 40-60 fsw? Where do I sign up for certification on that one? hehe.

Diver0001:
That would explain some of the scenes I saw in the trailer of people breaking the surface gasping for air with no gear on.... :D

With inflators like that, who needs enemies... :14:

R..

LOL
Diver0001, if the thread that you started about the Halcyon inflators had not shown it already, coming up with this remark in a movie review thread would DEFINITELY have made it clear that you are dissatisfied :D

scubabrandon:
I just hope they get proper training and not Paul Walker training.

Ha! That was priceless when he's swimming by the two girls and they both snap pictures of him and then fan themselves!

Into the Blue and The Cave....two good movies in one summer!

It's a movie, it has diving, Jessica looks hot. (And for the ladies, I'm told Paul looks hot.)

End of review.

Markdone:
Underwater photography that makes you want to run out, grab your gear and head for the caribbean. Young Men and Women in swim suits that make you want [insert here your fantasy based on your gender preference and level of deprivation].

If you ever needed a reason to buy an underwater video, this will push you over the edge. For you northern divers, this will make you pawn your dry suit for a trip south.

If you're there for the plot, you shouldn't have paid. Very predictable, but not the point of enjoyment. The dialogue is not as good as the plot, but again, if you thought this was going for an academy award, you don't have the sense to be a diver.

Nine dead bodies. One half breast. One cup of blood. Four imaginative, but feasible, alternate air sources, (one of which I volunteer to practice with Jessica until I get a score of '5') Lots of sharks, lots of rays, two flounder. Twenty different scuba rigs. Two shark attacks with only brief glimpses of gore. Most excellent wrong side of the road car / truck chase scene. High-speed boat chasing skin diver scene.

Plane-foo, AL-80-foo, Axe-foo, knock-off-the-tank-valve-foo, Dodge RAM Pickup-Foo, bang-stick-foo, machete-foo, WTD-foo (Water Tight Door), boat-foo, spear gun-foo, shark-foo.

Joe Bob says check it out
5 drive-in movie stars
http://www.simnia.com/magazines/rsd/RSD0509_p003a_050m.jpg

For all who said "Into the Blue" was a "splash" (no pun intended) at the movies, my response is that I really enjoyed it, the diving scenes were great and the acting was superb considering over half of the movie was shot underwater. If you know of anyone who could have done a better job in doing this movie please post who you think could have taken Paul or Jessica's spot and done a better job than they did. Please don't take any offense by this but those of you who said the movie was bad, you should probably check what movie you saw...

Plus anyone up for some treasure hunting??? I heard through the grapevine there were some pretty big hurricanes this year (LOL) that may have turned up some new wrecks with a little of that $6 billion worth of treasure on one of those ships...

"There is, one knows what sweet mystery about this sea, whose gently awful stirrings seem to speak of some hidden soul beneath" ---Herman Melville, "Moby Dick"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom