Into the Blue 2, the Reef, anyone saw this catastrophe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewaiea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Who saw Into the Blue 2, The Reef? I just watched this movie with not so high hopes, but it was a dive movie and shot on Oahu which is where I live.....well, no one wore a wetsuit which is highly unusual in Hawaii, the geographics were all wrong the way their boat left port on the south side of the island, their surface intervals were on the windward side, and their dives appeared to be on the northwest side of the island! :popcorn: Also, the plot line pretty much sucked too......the action scenes were not bad though, anyone else saw this thing?:dork2:

Oh and by the way, the dive culture in Hawaii is NOT like this, the dive shops don't have fancy boats with dreams of finding sunken treasure here......:rofl3: :rofl3:

Is Jessica Alba in it? I'll watch it if Jessica Alba is in it.

I don't think Jessica Alba is in that one, is she?

No, there's a few hot chicks, but not Jessica Alba. She was in the original, which was based in the Bahamas, and though it was far fetched, it was still "relatively" believeable. Plus, the second one didn't have any good free diving scenes.

What I'd like to see in a dive movie would be something along the lines of shark conservation and it would take place in numerous places around the world, but that would be more "documentary-ish" and probably wouldn't capture the attention of anyone but the dive public, not the non-divers/average viewers.

Another dumb thing about Into the Blue 2....the female divemaster/co-star in the movie, she finds night diving terrifying! What dive instructor finds night diving terrifying????? :rofl3::confused:

Oh and by the way, the dive culture in Hawaii is NOT like this, the dive shops don't have fancy boats with dreams of finding sunken treasure here......:rofl3: :rofl3:[/QUOTE]

!!!!!!WHAT...WHY'D I MOVE HERE!!!!!!

Oh and by the way, the dive culture in Hawaii is NOT like this, the dive shops don't have fancy boats with dreams of finding sunken treasure here......:rofl3: :rofl3:

!!!!!!WHAT...WHY'D I MOVE HERE!!!!!![/QUOTE]

LOL! Sorry to burst your bubble.....it's why we all come to Hawaii....to dive the Waikiki wrecks in search of burried treasure :mooner::shakehead: :)

!!!!!!WHAT...WHY'D I MOVE HERE!!!!!!

LOL! Sorry to burst your bubble.....it's why we all come to Hawaii....to dive the Waikiki wrecks in search of burried treasure :mooner::shakehead: :)[/QUOTE]

*Dream destroyed* Ah man...somebody lied to me!!

Lol, I haven't even heard of the movie, and I'm not much on movies anyways. Probably will never see it.

Peace,
Greg

I have a standing date with one of my neighbours to see all of the action films that come to the cinema. Niether his wife nor mine can be convinced to watch action films so we go together. The running joke is the worse the film is the more we like it.

The usual evening would go like this:

me: Want to see "into the blue 2"?
neighbour: What's it about
me: babes in bikinis.
neighbour: COOL!
<we go watch the film and afterwards...>
neighbour: Nice babes but I had trouble finding a plot
me: yeah, me too. I also had trouble finding any actors
neighbour: yeah but those babes! WOOT!.
me: Yep. good movie. Next week again?
neighbour: I'll be there.

So yeah. I'll probably see it and I'll probably enjoy it on some level. It's all about expectations.

R..

This movie has some short falls, I would say largely down to poor acting, but also the script is thin. I find the only decent actors are Marsha Thomason and Dave Anders, the rest nah.
I wonder why none of the divers have an alternative air source, or is that not custom on Hawaii?
The bikini girls well they don&#8217;t beat Jessica Alba.

Back
Top Bottom