Interesting water rescue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

17-40

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Our fire department had a water rescue for a capsized canue today upon our arrival the victums were out of the water and back to canueing. So we told them to head into shore to meet up with the park rangers and the boat and fish commision officer. they were doning just fine making there way to shore so we got our boat out of the danger area of running on shore and headed back torwards our dock while the folks on shore were watching themcome in. While they were on there way in one of the passengers who was already in the water decided that he hadn't had enough yet so he went back in. So we resonded back to the scene to rescue this individual again. This time the person was helped into another rescue boat or should I say shoved because at this time it was notice that he was so intoxicated its a wonder he ever got in the boat to begin with. They were then taken to shore by the other boat while we got the boat and hauled it to shore where the two male boaters were being taken into custudy by the officers for numerous charges. Quess the fire department should carry beretherlizers on our boats also would have saved us some time.

17-40 i'm one of the senior divers on my team and we run in to this all summer long, we have now made it standard sop's to have the police on all call's. the area that i'm in charge of is north of the delware water gap , port jervis area

How do i get into a deptment as job

Dennis,

First off welcome to the board and to the Public Safety Divers section.

This topic of making a career as a public safety diver has been discussed in the forum at length so a search may be useful.

I checked out your previous posts and I have to say that if you want to dive for a living and be in the water a lot PSD may not be the best route. PSD is most times a secondary job to either firefighting, emergency medical service or law enforcement and many of us are volunteers. While this line of work can be very rewarding it may be hard to make a living at it.

It appears from your information that you have made a large investment in training to become a professional diver with what sounds like some challenges along the way. This site is a great way to network and I would not be suprised if you made contacts for employment opportunities.

Good luck in your endeavors!!

Mark D.

Need to be a LEO or Firefighter in our State.

Back
Top Bottom