Interesting People

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Woohhoooo! I am over 4 dollars in tip today, that a new record.
So anyways, good times at work, although a little too quiet because of the crappy weather. Since I live in the West Coast it seems like it is always raining, which I like when I ain't working though.
No pretty girls today, unfortunately.
And starting to recognize the regulars. One of which is the reason why I am writing this post.

Have you notice people who work at the coroners or the morgue drink alot? ALOT!
She came in this evening and she was shaking really really bad. Kinda scared me. She said she wasn't planning on buying anything but because of the shakes she came and bought some vodka mix drink. It worried me so much I gave her my cell number and had her promise me to call me when she got back home safely. It times like this, that gets me wondering how people would get themselves into this sort of situation.
Anyways if you have time, say a prayer for her.
Thanks

Avic7:
Woohhoooo! I am over 4 dollars in tip today, that a new record.
So anyways, good times at work, although a little too quiet because of the crappy weather. Since I live in the West Coast it seems like it is always raining, which I like when I ain't working though.
No pretty girls today, unfortunately.
And starting to recognize the regulars. One of which is the reason why I am writing this post.

Have you notice people who work at the coroners or the morgue drink alot? ALOT!
She came in this evening and she was shaking really really bad. Kinda scared me. She said she wasn't planning on buying anything but because of the shakes she came and bought some vodka mix drink. It worried me so much I gave her my cell number and had her promise me to call me when she got back home safely. It times like this, that gets me wondering how people would get themselves into this sort of situation.
Anyways if you have time, say a prayer for her.
Thanks

Yes, I saw regular customers with the single funeral home / mortuary employees near the store I worked at from when I was in your line of work. They must be some of the loneliest folks around. Often, if it was a slow spell, they'd stay around just to chat, to have someone to chat with, before leaving with their purchases. But, i never saw ones that had 'the shakes' from withdrawal.

The job pays well I assume but I guess it does take an emotional toll on you doesn't it? Kinda hard to talk about the job with the family, if you know what I mean. They are like a special breed of people. I can see how it can be a difficuly job.

Back
Top Bottom