Interesting GoPro HD2 firmware upgrade on its way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are well known for late releases... I sort of understand if you are having technical issues and just over promised (like I think is happening with the wifi bacpac), but the flat lens delay is confusing because it should be a simple thing for them to make.

NTheir flat lens is odd with the delay all i can assume is they may be having issues with fogging the air pocket, failures @60m they are targeting and also with being vignette free in all modes on land with a hd1 and hd2.

With the firmwafe im glad to get some early info but realise it may take a while to get it all stable and release to the public. Most likely a faster sd card will also be needed with the higher data rates and their may be issues with some cards.

Most likely a faster sd card will also be needed with the higher data rates and their may be issues with some cards.

Yea, I agree. No more cheapo SD cards that say "Class 10" but really aren't even close. ScanDisk Extreme HD Video Cards should be a staple video card for anyone doing 1080p... espically with these types of bit rates their talking about.

Any updates on this? I'm leaving next week for a liveaboard and have my fingers crossed that it will come out before then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom