Interesting Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mack Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I finally got the chance to dive Barton Springs pool. There was not much time for sightseeing however. Chrispete and myself were there as safety divers for a film shoot. Most of these jobs involve hanging out above or in the water, being on hand in case someone needs help. Not this time. We were busy the whole day dealing with getting actors and actresses in and out of the water to stage the shots. I won't give details, so as not to spoil the movie fans. I can say that Brad Pitt and Shawn Penn were not on location with us.

It was really interesting work, but very long and tiring. For the morning session, we were in the water from about 9:00 until about 12:00. We were allowed out once, for a potty break (Dry suit diving with no pee valve). The afternoon was in and out of the water depending on the shot.

All total, they went through about 30 tanks of air all week, with most of being used Thursday and Friday.

All total, they went through about 30 tanks of air all week, with most of being used Thursday and Friday.

Mack,

Isn't production work so much FUN. It's different every time and on every shoot.

So since they were not diving, you were above or below water watching them, or safety diving the camera crew?

As far as being a movie star, :popcorn: not yet. I did get in one shot, only because the director placed me in the wrong spot. The camera guy was not too happy about that one.:confused:

We were doing some pseudo diving, so there were allot of descents and ascents. According to my computer, I died mid-afternoon.:shakehead:

I've got the camera guy for Friday the 13th coming by to rent some gear. Maybe I can talk my way into a scene that is more fitting for my appearance:11: :rofl3:

Hey Mack, Chris seems to be coming down with an ear infection. Hope you're ok? Use your drops!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom