Interested In Underwater Photography, Help Please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also, before you get in the water with your camera it is a good idea to get comfortable with it, and its functions on land. Take some topside photos and play with some of the features. then play with it in the housing. This way, when you are ready to grab that shot of a lifetime you don't have to stop and think what the buttons do, its instinctive. Once you are comofortable shooting ambient light shots I would move on to the strobe, that is definitly a learning experience, especially if you are shooting in manual and not TTL.

Good Luck!

AndyT:
Hi
I took all of the "extras" off and went diving with just the basic setup and internal
strobe off .Got much better results .
Andrew

Andy - how much you selling your YS90 for? :wink:

Ditto what Dee said. I went from a simple point and shoot to a 5050 with a PT015 housing. I also have a YS90 strobe--that Im still trying to learn about. This is set up (camera, housing, tray, arms, strobe, fiber optic) can me at about $1000

Back
Top Bottom