Integrated dry gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had an idea just now.. Why do no drysuits have integrated dry gloves?

Why couldn't I buy a pair of kevlar palmed dry gloves and aquaseal them on top of the wrist gaskets (or just remove the wrist gaskets and aquaseal them to the wrists of the suit)? Or even aquaseal some rubber gloves, and wear neoprene gloves above them?

It seems like this would bypass the problems of dryglove systems, whether they're rings or seperate wrist seals.

Just a crazy idea, input appreciated :wink:

Ok.. I suppose I wouldn't want to have to replace aquasealed gloves all that often.

Is there a problem with putting on some tight fitting rubber or latex gloves, pulling the wrist seal of the drysuit *over* that, the putting on regular wet gloves?

Seems this would keep the hands dry..

Or how about putting on some fleece insulating gloves, then a gauntlet style heavy duty coated glove (like the kind used when working with harsh chemicals or broken glass), the pulling the drysuit seal over that? That might even let me avoid using a tube of some sort for airflow to the gloves, since the fleece of the glove and my undergarments allow airflow just fine.

I was thumbing through the DUI website and saw where they have dry gloves that are seperate, but connect to the rest of the drysuit. This would seem to be the best of both worlds - interchangable and dry...

I got drygloves from OSS would probably work over any drysuit seal.

A plastic ring installs under the wrist seal and is locked with an o-ring. An adjoining ring is pulled over latex gloves and locked into the sleeve's ring by two inside o-rings. This set up would work over kitchen gloves if a glove was damaged in a dive.

If enough of the seal is left under the sleeve ring, the sleeve seal still keeps out water even without the dryglove.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom