Insulting ad for invade Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We need two threads for this now?

No, I made a mistake. I thought "Site Support" was just that, I expected/intended no discussion there, just a response from a MOD of "OK" or "get bent. I quoted the OP in the military section to discuss it in a forum where it would be more relevant.

Cheers,

Couv

Do we honestly think anyone meant any disrespect to members of the military? If not, then why chose to interpret it in that way and if we do honestly think that there is some "hate and disrespect military" campaign going on, why wait for them to say something to express our displeasure? Words can be interpreted many different ways; it's our choice on how we chose to interpret them. Take for instance the name of Couv's dive club, Coonass. I have some Cajun friends that would be very tempted to punch me in the face if I used that word, which to some means, "ignorant, backwards Cajun" or something similar. However, there are just as many who use the term as a badge of honor (obviously as I highly doubt Couv is intending to insult every Cajun he meets, especially if he's from New Orleans :) ) - much the same as the term Redneck from my "neck" of the woods.

Gee thanks :clapping: . Not sure which is funnier, my post on a year old thread or the fact that someone feels the need to point it out.

Back
Top Bottom