Instruction on how to assemble the Ultralight back plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I have the two little brackets to hold the cylinder and wing nuts
I was wondering about the wing nuts digging into my back and ripping my dry suit
and I did earlier turn the bolts the other way around
but, of course I couldn't figure out how to thread the harness so I gave up

I'm going to have another quick look, and if I can't follow the photograph I'll leave it
I'm pretty sure I don't have any stainless steel nuts

Is that the cylinder band I see in the vertical slots?

Thanks very much

The horizontal strap is a cam-band, yes.

This is great, thanks AWAP & EVAD

I've given up on the Apex actually, I don't think it is me being thick
I don't have all the information and I don't have the right accessories
I've re-packed the Eclipse + the ali back plate

With all my camera gear + dry suit and tripod and 'stuff' I'm a couple of kilos over
Really its the way the wing set up does not pack down very well and occupies so much bag space which was my main motivation for switching to the Apex 'plate'
I've packed the Eclipse in pieces so at least now I can close the zip on my bag, and I'll re-assemble it when I land

Take care Everyone!

Good thinking. The plate on top (with the wing rolled up under it) makes a great compressor and armors everything underneath it against a cruel (or, at least, disgruntled) world.

Im in back from my trip
i did write to my shop three weeks ago to let them know that I will be sending this back with reason I mentioned in this thread
no reply

i also notice that after over three weeks no-one from Apex has commented on this thread???

Maybe your dive shop can help?

Im in back from my trip
i did write to my shop three weeks ago to let them know that I will be sending this back with reason I mentioned in this thread
no reply

i also notice that after over three weeks no-one from Apex has commented on this thread???

Most manufactures view the dive shops as their customers not the individual diver. If you have a good LDS you will be able to work something out with them but the manufacture dose not care what you think about them or their product.

Venus,

please forgive my late response. I have been monitoring the thread.

this is available under Technical Library on the Aqua Lung Website.

http://www.aqualung.com/us/technical_library/deluxe_webbed_harness_ul_plate.pdf

although not necessary it is recommended that you use Apeks brand accessories with the back plate.

Aqua Lung US - Personal Aquatic Equipment for Recreational and Professional Use - Deluxe 1pc Webbed Harness

Aqua Lung US - Personal Aquatic Equipment for Recreational and Professional Use - Stainless Steel Book Screws

Should you need further assistance please feel free to contact me. Support for all Apeks/Aqua Lung products can be found at support@aqualung.com.

Thanks Rich

for a moment I was forgetting my contract law
I do notice though that other manufacturers do reply on posts related to their products whether the post is in the manufacturers dedicated section or in a general gear category

have a good day

Most manufactures view the dive shops as their customers not the individual diver. If you have a good LDS you will be able to work something out with them but the manufacture dose not care what you think about them or their product.

Some do, some do not, some are better than others. In Kyles defense he's usually pretty good at responding. Try getting a reply from Oxycheq. Hope you end up getting it all sorted.

Reviving this because the Aqualung PDF link is dead. I found the instructions so am uploading the file for threading the Ultralight plate for the archives.

Also, I threaded the tri-glide to the "shoulder / waist transition loop" like a D-ring to keep the harness straps at a fixed position vs. what's shown in Fig 7 in the instruction that has the tri-glide on the hip side to only prevent lengthening. With the instructed position, the weight of the buckle, waist d-ring, etc would shorten the shoulder strap, which I found to be a PITA when donning the BCD

PXL_20210105_034848522.jpg PXL_20210105_034858699.jpg

This is attached to a DGX singles wing.

Attachments

• Apeks-Deluxe One-Piece Webbed Harness to Ultralight Plate Insert _ Manualzz.pdf
    351.4 KB · Views: 149
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom