installing X-Vision corrective lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OptionDawgDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just got my new X-Vision mask and reader lenses from LP but no instructions on how they are installed, even though I asked before shipping. Did a web search, no luck. Anyone have any docs on this is done?

Thanks

I'm a bit confused,did you get the original Mares lenses.
If so,they come with a special(screwdriver like) tool.You pry out the inner frame,remove lenses.
Re-install new lenses and put innerframe back in.Do check for leaking.

hope it helps

Yes, an original Mares X-Vision mask and Mares reader lenses. Yes, there's a black plastic tool that's wide on one end, narrow on the other, both ends like a flat blade screw driver. I was able to get the silicon seal out from around one lens but the lens is still in the frame. I can't see how the frame comes apart, without breaking it.

Yes, an original Mares X-Vision mask and Mares reader lenses. Yes, there's a black plastic tool that's wide on one end, narrow on the other, both ends like a flat blade screw driver. I was able to get the silicon seal out from around one lens but the lens is still in the frame. I can't see how the frame comes apart, without breaking it.

:shocked: You took the skirt out,without removing the innerframe and lens.:shakehead:
You just might have done some damage to the skirt.(hope not)
The tool is used to pry the inner (clored) frame from the base frame,by putting the tool between the two frames,look at the side of the outerframe,you'll see the point where the innerframe,locks in the outer one.That's where you put the tool between the two.Work around to get them apart.

Never seen that one,but that's the way to do it.:thumbs_up:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom