Installing a pee valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Floatingtheflats

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone installed a pee valve themselves? Is this some I can do on my own or should I take it somewhere to be done? Thanks

it can definitely be done yourself. i'm sure someone will be along to post the video links. lots of people really like the halcyon, but it's more $, and many pee valves are also very good, so i don't have a brand recommendation.

Are you handy with the steel? If so then you are probably capable of putting it in. Search on the board for pee valve installation and you will find a couple nice write ups with photos.

As to brand...that one is heavily debated. I have a $25unbalalanced delrin one that works just fine, but doesn't flow very fast. The next time I stepped up to a Halcyon which was expensive but flows really well. How much are you willing to spend?

I've put three of them in. It's not complicated on most suits, although I had a bit of trouble figuring out how to get a good seal on Peter's compressed neoprene suit.

I bought the Halcyon valve because of the low resistance to flow. I've been happy with it.

To put the hole in the suit is a bit disconcerting, I used a soldering iron. Just do it :D

Al

Put your suit on and decide on the location. Mark the spot with a marker. Then double check.

I punched a hole in my neoprene suit with my knife then took a pair of shears and cut a hole just big enough for the fitting. A good dose of Aqua Seal, tightened the pieces down and let it dry 24 hours.

Several posters have used a punch. I bought a Dive Rite valve and it has worked great.

I had a bit of trouble figuring out how to get a good seal on Peter's compressed neoprene suit.

I have a DUI CF200 and am nervous about getting a good seal with that suit. Could you please share how you overcame the problems with the compressed neoprene suit?

Thanks!

I have a DUI CF200 and am nervous about getting a good seal with that suit. Could you please share how you overcame the problems with the compressed neoprene suit?

Thanks!
My CF200 (EOD suit) came with a pee valve installed (Later had to replace it). At the factory they glued a rubber washer, on the outside, that is about 2.5" on each side of the suit. Then the pee valve bolted over the layers. Eventually my suit started leaking there (It is from 1995), and I had to reglue the rubber washer down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom