Insta Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ththooft

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello-

I've looked through the posts, and haven't found a lot of thoughts about the Insta Dry suits. Does anyone have any experience with them? I'm in a situation where I need a good 5mm suit, and I've narrowed it down to either the Henderson Hyperstretch of the Insta Dry. The price difference for me is $100 (Insta dry is more).
I've heard the Insta Dry is warmer as well.
Looking for some thoughts....

Thanks!

I don't own a insta-dry.. however I do own a hyperstretch 3mm.
We have a couple of guys at the local LDS that like the instadry suit.. but Most of the guys I dove with told me they didn't care for them. Something about the way they fit and the reduced flexability.. .didn't try them on so can't say for sure. And most of the guys I dive with are henderson fans..
I think I would base my decison on your body. If you are of a larger build.. or a little lacking on the flexability front.. hyperstretch is great... If your of normal build and good flex.. you don't nesecarly need the hyperstretch and could just go with a regular henderson.. or bare... even oceanic makes nice suits. I just prefer the hyperstretch since I have a shoulder that likes to give me fits when I try and stretch it behind me to far.
Okay.. thats my 2cents. If you have a good LDS.. and you buy the instadry and don't like it.. they will let you swap it for a different suit... I know I have bought a couple of things only to find out they weren't exactly what I wanted...LDS made it right by me.. Another very good reason to support your local LDS :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom