Inspiration solenoid rechargable batteries?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrySuitDave

Contributor
Reaction score
Los Angeles, where the debris meets the sea
Being the doofus I am, I occassionally forget to turn off the handset controllers on my Inspiration, whuch kinda suck the juice from the expensive batteries.

Does anyone make a rechargeable nickel metal hydride or lithium ion battery in that plastic case that you have heard of? At $13.50 a battery, forgetting to turn off the controllers is an expensive proposition.

I searched for quite some time for rechargers for mine with no luck. Let me know if you find any...

The voltage and discharge curves would be wrong anyway and you'd risk the solenoid failing to fire before the battery warning kicked it

Anyway, if you are paying more than $5 for a battery you aint looking in the right places

Loads of UK internet electrical suppliers. I'm sure they will be even cheaper in the US (Everything normally is)

They are only $9 in Tandy's (Radio Shack) here

I'm away at a customer site for a while so cnat get the references at present, but do an internet search

Cheapest I've seen is £2.70 each ($4.50)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom