Inshore diving in South Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best place I know is Lake Jocassee in Salem, SC. The water is pretty clear and there are a couple of boats including a Chinese Junk that are on the bottom to swim around. I have been scuba diving off the coast of Myrtle Beach and to me the vis is better at Lake Jocassee.

:diver:
ThatsMe:
Are there any good inshore diving spots in South Carolina? I know we have a great many offshore wrecks, but im looking for some great fresh water spots.
I dove Jocassee Saturday, and the vis is not quite what it should be, but still ok for this part of the state. True, there is a Chinese Junk and wall that require a boat to get to, but there are some decent shore sites as well right off the diver's (remote) boat ramp. Follow the sign at Devils Fork State Park for "Remote Boat Ramps", then go right when the road forks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom