Inon Z240 strobe focus light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhunteriii

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
On the Inon Z240 does the focus light stay on all the time or is it something that can be controlled?

Nope, I get the same thing...
Focus light comes on and stays on....
I read about the push and stays for 8 sec, or push and lock (Left or Right) but the focus comes on (just on the one strobe- not the other one) and does stay on, putting a drain on the battery...

At first I thought I was pushing it, but nope... it sometimes will turn off lator, but not all the time.

Tried turning the strobe off for a reset... but comes back on...

Something is triggering it...

Tried to read the manual (and yes, I do stop for directions - errr after a while anyways) and it does indicate that if something is on, or cabled or blah-blah-blah... it does stay on...

Actually, I was just reading the manual, page 68 in the Advance booklet.. but can't seem to figure it out yet... possible, that it's triggered on the surface by the sunlight and then shuts off if darker.. or something like that..
Not asking it to "Light up my life....." due to battery drain...
confused in Z240 land...

So watching this thread for suggestions too... other strobe is fine...
In manual mode.
Thoughts??

Sounds like the ambient light is triggering it. Make sure the strobe's optical sensor is covered, either by the black cap, or by the black cap of the fiber optic cable.
-Mark Rupert
Inon America, Inc.

Mark,
That sounds like what is happening.
I'm not sure what/where the "Optical Sensor" is...
I'm looking at the manual, page 6, is it #3, little sensor at about the 5 O'Clock position on the face of the strobe?

If so, do I just put in the little black-holed disc (looks like an astonished smiley face - 3 small circles in it) and slide it under the adjustable ring?

OR??
Is it just the Black Cap on the Slave sensor on the bottom of the Strobe #5..
Thanks much,
appreciate the help...

Using 5-pin cable to housing if that makes any difference...

Heheh... OK,
Gawd, you just saved me hours of tinkering...
Cap was off and on with the other strobe..
Thought the caps were just for Slave mode.

Much appreciated... Strobes are really kewl... like them a lot..
Now waiting for the Sea & Sea housing for the D300, hopefully in 3 weeks...
thanks for the reply...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom