Inon Z240 setting taking manual shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richard H

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Off to Lembeh soon - I have a single Inon Z240 and Canon G9. I'll be taking macro shots with an aperture F8 and shutter at c 1/100th.

Anyone know what setting I should try out first as a setting on the strobe ?

Thanks a lot

With a G9 and Canon housing TTL with only work on an aperture or shutter speed priority. If you want to control both then you need to shoot in manual unfortunately.

I would shoot at the highest aperture and shutter speed you can, more like 1000th/sec. Pull your strobe in tight and crank it up. Idea is to get rid of small vibration and get better color saturation. You'll probably be in the upper range of the strobe with a diffuser on.

Jack

Hi -

Similar to this thread, so I'll hijack... Bought an Inon D2000 and pairing with a G9. Do I need to shoot with the manual magnet engaged in the strobe? I took some test photos with just TTL on auto/manual and works just fine - does anyone have any experiences with Inon products, a Canon G9 and this manual engage?

- what does it do?
- what are the advantages? Disadvantages?

I'm going to try out no magnet mode today, but reading through the manual I should be using the other....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom