Inon Z-240

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hooked

Registered
Reaction score
Just set up my first SLR system, and I am having a little problem with the strobe. I have a Canon 400D (Rebel xti), S&S housing, Inon Z-240 connected with five pin Nikonos to the housing. I've been practicing topside, and I can't seem to get the ttl setting to work. I have set the left-hand dial to S-TTL and the right-hand dial to TTL (the 9 o'clock position of the dial). When I do this all of the pictures are very dark...am I doing something wrong?? I am not sure exactly what is wrong...anyone have any ideas?

err... nevermind my previous post... didn't realize you have the new 400D housing which has the built in TTL converter.

Did you make sure the magnet button on the Z-240 is pushed in? sounds like it is misfiring with a preflash.

pakman...not sure if I have the magnet button pushed in or not...where is it? One thing I did figure out...I didn't have the cover over the fiber optic...re-read the manual...again...I missed it the first time, haven't had time to see if that fixed the problem...I don't recall reading about a magnet button...it may be a combo of the two. As soon as I find it...I will push it in as well....thanks!
Morgan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom