Inon UWL - H100 or nauticam WWL - 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a friend that I dive with sometimes and he shoots video exclusively. He has 2 15,000 lumen lights but doesn’t always have them on full blast. He also does post processing for color as well, never uses filters. He also does manual white balance as well.

My problem is this, when I use the INON UWL - H100, I need to zoom a bit to get out of the black corner of the ... how you call it again. So when using the nauticam WWL - 1, do you have the same problem or not ? Frustrating to tell the truth.
Btw, the picture was taken in Apo reef, sablayan, Philippines.

IMG_3675.jpg

there are two UWL-H100 versions the RX100 cameras need the type two series to not vignette I believe. Do you have a UWL-H100 type 1 by chance?

My problem is this, when I use the INON UWL - H100, I need to zoom a bit to get out of the black corner of the ... how you call it again. So when using the nauticam WWL - 1, do you have the same problem or not ? Frustrating to tell the truth.
Btw, the picture was taken in Apo reef, sablayan, Philippines.

View attachment 530891
Very strange is this the screm mount? It vignettes on every corner which is rather unusual and may indicate a positioning issue inside the housing

here is the compatibility chart:
INON Wide Conversion Lens UWL-H100 28M67 [Compatibility]

Here is a comparison of the two. I don't think you would be able to mount a type 1 lens after looking at this due to the inner lens surface protruding beyond the threads. It would most likely contact the front of your housing port.
INON Wide Conversion Lens UWL-H100 28M67 [Overview]

your lens is designed to work with a 28mm so there should be no issue. As @Interceptor121 said it could be a positioning issue. What housing is it?

Good question, how can you see if it's type 1 or 2 ?

Only type 2 is compatible with nauticam housing

I never actually tried the UWL-H100 as back in the days I was using the 28AD lens that was wider and I only had miniscule vignette with stabiliser on and in very specific rare shots

I chose the 28AD because it was more compact and always assumed the H100 would work but maybe it never did!

Going back to your question re WWL-1 the Inon lens is wider than the WWL-1 which I think will not vignette but has only 130 degrees vs 140+ of the Inon

For the sensor size of the RX100 and as you already have the lens I would not bother

Only type 2 is compatible with nauticam housing

I never actually tried the UWL-H100 as back in the days I was using the 28AD lens that was wider and I only had miniscule vignette with stabiliser on and in very specific rare shots

I chose the 28AD because it was more compact and always assumed the H100 would work but maybe it never did!
I have the UWL-100 as I got it cheap, but it was designed for 35mm so I have to zoom in a bit. I thought you shot with an UWL-H100 before. I saw your video here which is where I found out about the ikelite red filter that I got.

INON Wide Conversion Lens UWL-H100 28M67 [Overview]

I have the UWL-H100 with dome on my Nauticam housing for the RX100IV. I also have to zoom in slightly because of the vignetting, but it doesn't bother me as the corners are a bit soft anyway if you don't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom