INON System advise please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozziworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am starting to get interested again in UW photography. Was quite active twenty years ago during the "Film Era".

I have been seeing a lot of good things mentioned about INON and started looking at their website.

I would like to start with a system of strobes (2 S2000's) trays, arms. Wet Lenses (macro and Wide angle).

Since these will hopefully be technologically viable longer than the camera and housing, I thought these might be a better investment. The adapters, camera and housing can then be easily upgraded and replaced as better technology becomes available from the manufacturers.

My question would be what items from the INON System should I start with that can best adapt to changes I expect to make as camera/housings are replaced and/or upgraded.

I am currently looking at the Canon S90 and Canon Housing. I expect this to be good for about 2 or 3 years then upgrade to a newer camera and housing when the time is right and hopefully still retain most of the usefulness of the strobes, brackets, arms Wet Lenses etc.

INON users your advise would be much appreciated.

As far as I know the Canon S90 OEM housing can utilize the 100WAL-28AD (plus dome option) lens only plus the Inon UCL165AD macro lens.

The S2000 strobes are great, I much prefer the D2000 myself. Has an External Auto mode, twin flash tubes and a powerful modeling light that can double as a dive light for short periods.

I would much prefer the FIX housing vs the OEM housing for improved capability, durability and versatility particularly with regard to lenses. A bird in hand is worth many in the bush, that being the FIX90 and system equipment.

P4170294.jpg

Planning for future cameras with purchases now, wise, but good luck at that. The industry is in a state of flux, the big comer will be large sensor interchangeable lens cameras like the Oly EP series in the next few years. How will Canon and Nikon respond to the challenge? The S90 is now and it is a superb camera for amateur photogs.

N

i'd lean towards the D2000 if you have any inkling of moving to an SLR set up in the future. I started with one D2000 that i used with two different P&S systems and then added a second when i got an SLR several years later.

Seem to have gotten a parallel discussion going on another thread as well.

Thanks Nemrod for all your inputs. Have been most enlightening. Maybe a D2000 and the S2000 would be a good compromise for me.

Zahner, at this time I don't think I will make the big plunge and try to get my dslrs into the water. of course one never knows with these hobbies huh?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom