Inon Strobe Mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwlast

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got an Inon D 180 stobe question. I currently own a D 180 strobe with the ball joint arm mounting system. I also own a Sea and Sea YS-90 mounted on a flex arm. The two systems are different in terms of how the strobe mounts to the arm, Inon uses a ball, YS-90 uses a screw on system.

Question is.....does anybody make an adopter the allows the Inon strobe to mount to the flex arm system? By mixing and matching parts I was able to make it work, but not the ideal set-up. I personally like the flex arm better....plus it is more comfortable to carry in the water.

Thanks

JT

Here are two choices:

1. Check my setup here. You need loc-line part #60533 (3/4 inch - black) which you can order from modularhose.com for $5.90 (two pack). You also need a 6mm stainless steel bolt that you can buy at a hardware store. Drill a hole through the center of part #60533 and insert the 6mm bolt and thread it to the Inon strobe head. Be certain the bolt does not touch the base of the strobe head but instead only slightly clears the top of the nut in the strobe head. I also cut two slits in part #60533 and looped two cable ties through the slits and the area above the top of the bolt in the strobe head to be sure the strobe does not come loose from part #60533. Then join the other end of part #60533 to the flex arm. This is what it looks like.

2. Look at Setup "A" here. It shows the Inon fitting needed for the loc-line setup. You can order that from Yuzo in Japan.

Thanks for the response. I'll give it a try, might e-mail you direct (if it's ok by you) to get more specifics.

Small world, I kayak dive just down the street on Oahu.

JT

Back
Top Bottom