Inon S-2000 Magnet with TG5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I seem to be struggling mightily with my TG6 and strobe. in TTL mode my photos look to only be illuminated by the camera's flash, and the photos are very underexposed. I think it might be because the S2000 timing is off, where the camera adjusts to account for the strong pre-flash and then there isn't the correct illumination when the photo is captured. Fill-in flash on camera, S2000 set to TTL with the knob turned to "B", no magnet.

But, if I simply turn the strobe to max output things seem to be fine?
I tried one day of TTL and then changed to full manual (with the magnet in) which I found far easier to get good results. I am not sure what you mean by "only be illuminated by the camera's flash". Is the cameras flash not completely covered by the optical fibre cable adaptor?

I tried one day of TTL and then changed to full manual (with the magnet in) which I found far easier to get good results. I am not sure what you mean by "only be illuminated by the camera's flash". Is the cameras flash not completely covered by the optical fibre cable adaptor?

I'm not using the cable adapter so I still get a weak flash out of the housing.

I'm not using the cable adapter
This is your problem. You need to use the plastic bit to block the internal flash and use an optical cable. Strobe needs to be able to sync with the internal flash without interruption. Not to mention internal flash will cause a lot of backscatter.

This is your problem. You need to use the plastic bit to block the internal flash and use an optical cable. Strobe needs to be able to sync with the internal flash without interruption. Not to mention internal flash will cause a lot of backscatter.
Yes, I was using the optical cable. TTL worked fine with this, I just prefered using manual mode.

@cjibber , quote was not for you. For the record, I flooded (to bitter end) my mirrorless last month at 5th day of a 14 days diving trip. A very nice fellow diver was kind enough to lend me his backup camera, a tg4. I attached my dual d2000 and I thought it was a fantastic little camera. It worked like a champ in sttl, with one installed magnet the other without.

@cjibber , quote was not for you. For the record, I flooded (to bitter end) my mirrorless last month at 5th day of a 14 days diving trip. A very nice fellow diver was kind enough to lend me his backup camera, a tg4. I attached my dual d2000 and I thought it was a fantastic little camera. It worked like a champ in sttl, with one installed magnet the other without.

Flooding is one of the main reasons I went with a TG-6, the thought of breaking a seal and ruining a camera terrifies me.

The advanced cancel circuit switch only changes the circuitry in manual mode, in STTL it is ignored, and ACC is automatically set to off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom