Inon D-2000 vs. Z-240

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Choyster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've got a Canon A570 and want to get a strobe for it. I'm deciding between the D-2000 and the Z-240. Is there any difference other than the fact that the Z-240 can utilize a sync cord in addition to a fiber optic cable? I'm not planning on stepping up to DSLR any time soon and wondering if the Z-240 is worth the extra money.

Thanks!

I think it is worth the small extra amount for what you get. The main reason would be that you can upgrade when you want to with the Z240, where you can't with the 2000. It doesn't matter how long before you jump to a DSLR. I am still shooting the Z220's and I love them. They are great strobes. On digitaldiver.net you can do a side by side strobe comparison.

The 240 has a GN of 24 vs GN of 20 for the D2000. The D2000 only has the optical sync and I am never---NEVER ---going slr--been there and done all that. You can get the 240 on ebay--do a search for Inon on ebay, they have been on there new with non-North America warranty for 540ish.

That all said, for non-slr, the D2000 is the bomb! New with it I am but this I know, the FORCE is strong with it, it is. Why pay for what you don't ever need?

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom