Inon D-180 think we need a set up page or class of our own

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic13:
Inon D-180 I think we need a set up page or class of our own , with detail instructions . !!!

Since I don't have mine yet I am sure that it will be quite useful....got an idea how?

Got mine today! I'll be able to answer a few questions when I get back.

eeD:
Got mine today! I'll be able to answer a few questions when I get back.

I know you were thinking about it - I didn't know you pulled the trigger. Good for you.

We got Kelphelper to take hers out of the box (after 6 weeks) not long ago - and the other night at out So Cal Oly group meeting I assembled and set up Sapphire's...

Details. Are you putting it on your flex arm? Did you get another tray / arm rig? Two strobes, or will you be running two separate rigs? You're gonna be dangerous. :D

Welcome to the club!!!!

K

Mo2vation:
I know you were thinking about it - I didn't know you pulled the trigger. Good for you.

We got Kelphelper to take hers out of the box (after 6 weeks) not long ago - and the other night at out So Cal Oly group meeting I assembled and set up Sapphire's...

Details. Are you putting it on your flex arm? Did you get another tray / arm rig? Two strobes, or will you be running two separate rigs? You're gonna be dangerous. :D

Yeah Beast decided he wanted to try using a strobe so that was all I needed to justify buying the D-180! :wink: I'm gonna try out some ULCS arms but unless the weight changes significantly in saltwater (which I seriously doubt), I'll be using my flex arm the most. I also got hte new ULCS tray. I like the straight handle better than the curved one on the Fisheye. I'm sticking to a single strobe, I just like a smaller rig. I've done the dual strobes/mad spider thing in the past and came to hate it, although I have to admit dual strobe can be awsome. A single just means I get more creative!

I'm pretty sure I have it set up right, Ryan was very helpful in talking me through it. One question, though. I noticed a sheet of round stick-on clear discs..what are they for? The only thing I can see that matches the size and would sort of make sense is they go over the focusing light for some reason, maybe a diffuser?

As for dangerous....I'll do my best!

Dee:
One question, though. I noticed a sheet of round stick-on clear discs..what are they for? The only thing I can see that matches the size and would sort of make sense is they go over the focusing light for some reason, maybe a diffuser?

As for dangerous....I'll do my best!

Yeah they are for covering the focus light if you want too. Not sure why you would though. I downloaded an english manual for the D180 if you'd like it?

Dee:
One question, though. I noticed a sheet of round stick-on clear discs..what are they for?

Too funny. I didn't get those. But I also got TWO magnents and one of those Magnet wrenches. When I was assembling Sapphires, she had a tiny hex key and some tiny screws that I didn't get.

Whatever - it works... extra parts or not!

K

And I would love any tips and instruction everyone can offer... can't wait until you get back, now, Dee!

Thank you SOOOO much, Mo2vation, for assembling my arms/tray/strobe :10: . I really appreciate it! I was so intimidated by the Japanese instructions and all the parts, and watching you put it together gave me a much better understanding.

This weekend I am going to give it a try in the pool. Dee does have me worried about the weight compensation thing though... I need to think about that. :06:

I'm pretty sure I have it set up right, Ryan was very helpful in talking me through it. One question, though. I noticed a sheet of round stick-on clear discs..what are they for? The only thing I can see that matches the size and would sort of make sense is they go over the focusing light for some reason, maybe a diffuser?
yes Dee I have narrowed that out too something to do with there clear system to block out backscatter or something like that got my arms and all that done just got to hook up the wiring part and what ever i do to my camera .

Oh must be nice having someone close , me out hear in NC bye myself reading this Japanese , oh good got in English now still confused go figure LOL !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom