Inon D 180 or Sea and Sea ys 90dx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tkojis

Registered
Reaction score
Im soliciting opinins on theses strobes. I understand the Sea and Sea to be quite reliable and have simple controls. The features of the Inon that interest me are the built in focus light and the control to match the aperture settings of my camera. The downside is it only has 4 manual settings. Is the focus light a useful option and do the aperture settings really work? Im also a little concerned about the learning curve of a 100% manual strobe, as I dont get to dive as often as I like. Also...are either or both of these strobes wide enough to cover a Inon wide angle lens? BTW, Im using a Canon s50 in the Canon housing....if this has any bearing on my choices. Thanks in advance.

I am leaning towards the Inon D-180 for my olympus PT-010 as I need a manual strobe. I do want the automatic focus light. I consider it a major plus when photgraphing critters in darker spots. This link will show you a comparison on strobes.
I'm not familiar with your camera but you may need two D-180's with a wide angle lens. That comparison article will explain the Inon 220 and the 220s and whether it will and will not work as a slave strobe to the cameras flash.

Back
Top Bottom