Inon add on lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alcina, when you write about stacked macros, I'm assuming you are using two macro add-ons, is that correct? What does that do to the exposure -- that is, how many stops must you increase (whether ap, shutter or ISO)?

Yes, that means putting one on top of the other. I never used one so I can't compare but I just shot at settings that made sense to me: usually f8 and shutter 100/125 or for a dark background something FAST (1/800 and above). ISO always at the lowest settings (50, 80, 100 depending on the model camera).

I have the Inon UWL & UCl.
Camera - Canon S70

Very happy with both lens.
As my camera was poor in macro mode the UCL lens made a considerable difference. The S70 is 28mm anyway so the UWL has less effect in my photos.
I would recommend the UCL. It is also a lot cheaper.
Q. When you stack 2 UCL together what is the typical size of subject you shoot? very small or tiny small??
I only have 1 UCL lens. But this seems ok in most situations(Eels,nudis,small fish). I never try to take photos of a lot of things the guide points out as they are so small i struggle to see them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom