Inon add on lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What set up do you have?

I like the add-on lenses - both the WA and the macros. I prefer to stack 2 macros - never used a single macro add-on, myself. You may find that you definitely want at least a single strobe with the WAL in particular; on some models it can block the entire internal flash and on others it will block some of it.

They give you even more flexibility than the compact digitals have already and allow you to get even more creative if you'd like :wink:

alcina:
What set up do you have?

I knew I forgot to add something to my post
icon_biggrin.gif

I have a Fuji E900 with a Ikelite housing and a Ds125 strobe.

alcina:
I prefer to stack 2 macros - never used a single macro add-on, myself.
I did notice that some (not sure if all) had the another thread/bayonet...what benefit is there to the second lens?

I own the INON WAL and really like it. I have an Oly C5050 in an Ikelite Housing. I carry the lens in a neoprene sack that attaches to a D-ring on my BCD.

There is a lot of talk regarding the danger of thread mounts. I personally have never had a problem. Maybe I'm lucky or maybe I'm GOOD. For me it's relatively easy to determine that I have things lined up before I begin to screw the lens down.

What I like the most is being able to switch quickly between macro shots and close in wide field of view shots. Here's an example of a pic shot with the INON WAL lens. Moment before I shot this pic I was doing macro on the coral at the bottom of the pic.

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/78236/what/allfields/name/footslogger

I've never had a problem with the threads and screwing the lenses on an off either. Just be calm about it and it seems to work just fine.

The benefit of the stacked macros is you get even more out of the lenses - bigger images of tinier subjects :) And it's fun!

I have the threaded lens and have had no problem with it. I used to have a bayonet mount lens and they were easier to attach than the threaded ones. I've found my own technique of attaching my threaded lenses. I place the lenses against the port and rotate it as if I'm trying to take it off. At some point, I feel a click and that's when I then rotate it the other way. Works for me (don't really know if I'm hurting the threads on the port thought).

Well, I used to use Inon add-on lens for both macro (stacked) and WA with my Oly C7070. Worked extremely well and was satified with it. Why am I not using it anymore? I got greedy and moved on to a D200 in an Aquatica. :D

KazooDiver:
footslogger- Nice wide angle shot!

If you could only get the wide angle to a marco lens which would you get first???

================================================

Well, my personal opinion would be to get the Wide Angle first. I get darned nice macro stuff using the base lens and camera settings ...but what can't do is get in close (which is very key, by the way) and take pics of larger objects/divers/wrecks etc.

I am fairly new to this camera stuff as well I just learned you can stack the WA with the macro! Duh!! It never even crossed my mind to screw them together, it also helps keep them together when I am not using them. I have the cam/bayonet type when it comes to putting it on the cameras lens opening. Only issue is you need to make sure it fully "clicks" or locks into place before letting go of the lens. My Wife seems to have trouble with that, where I never had had a problem. I would get both lenses

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom