Information on Wannadive Kona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tarheeldiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Planning a trip to Kona next October and saw their website and the small setup and apartment for rent looks good just wanted to know if anyone has dove with them and can recommend. i didn't find much doing a search on the board.

When we go to the Big Island we dive with Wanna-Dive in Kona. Small boat, great DM. Steve is the owner/operator and Bob is his DM/Guide.

My wife and I booked the 3 tank dives with steve for a day following the Manta-Night dive. We were the only ones booked, so we had the whole boat to ourselves. Each dive was over an hour. Bob gave us great tours and tailored the dives to us as we live on Oahu. We give this operation the 2 thumbs up. Now that the boat has been rebuilt from the frame up, so it should be alittle bit roomier on his boat.
We like the small boats though, less people, stepping on our feet.
Anyway, Good luck, let us know how it goes.

I was recently looking for dive op reviews for Kona and found it daunting – they were in about a zillion threads. Near the bottom of this thread I collected some reviews in general, Steve is in there somewhere. I’ve yet to read any review below excellent.

yep i did a few dives with them last Aug [Steve is Friscuba on the board] and a few dives with JacksDiving Locker [they are on the board too] - both good operators - Wanna dive being a good small one, Jacks being a good large one.

The first time I went to BI I dived with several dive ops and wrote about each one. As an experienced diver who doesn't get sea sick, I loved diving with Steve at Wanna-dive. He is very friendly, personable and professional. You can't help but like the guy.

His boat is smaller than Jack's and Kona Honu, so less people which means more attention. Not necessarily being waited on hand and foot but the personal and friendly atmosphere that is enjoyable and appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom