Information on Nitrox Compatability & Mares Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rescuediver009:
I don;t know why everyone gets so excite about the thought of nitrox and not being clean.

The general advice I'm getting from the many LDS's is "don't worry."

I am no expert, and I am just following the PADI Nitrox course recommendation, which says "follow your manufacturers recommendations." So far I've done ~300 dives and sticking strictly to the course material has served me very well. So I am just trying to find out what the recommendations are in this case. Some Mares technical manuals explicitly warn against use of that regulator for anything but compressed air, which is why I am asking the question for a list of which ones are OK [according to Mares].

I have a feeling that is just a marketing stategy that Mares uses to get you to purchase a more expensive reg... Have you looked into the Atomic M1 at all?

Jonny_Rocket:
I have a feeling that is just a marketing stategy that Mares uses to get you to purchase a more expensive reg... Have you looked into the Atomic M1 at all?

Probably more of a all general disclaimer to prevent themselves from being in a liability law suit. :wink:

Jonny_Rocket:
Have you looked into the Atomic M1 at all?

No: Atomic did not make it onto my starting list.

May very well be an excellent reg, but they do not have enough service outlets in mainland Europe.

My list is thus limited to Scubapro, Mares, and Aqualung; because I want to simply walk into a shop and get an annual service without any hassle.

Back
Top Bottom